Where NOT to eat in Lynchburg

So yesterday was Forrest’s birthday and he wanted to go to Mangia… so I made the reservations, we got a little dressed up, I even put make up on!… and here is what we determined… we do not ever want to eat there again.
Problem numbero uno: The artwork! I appreciate when different places around town display locals artwork. And I appreciate when a restaurant has unique decorations. What I can not get on board with is when none of the decorations remotely have anything to do with the other decorations… and when I have to look at this when I’m eating.

Notice the cut out animals… what’s up with them! When I’m going to a restaurant that is advertised as one of the neatest places in Lynchburg… cut out cardboard animals all over the restaurant… not cool. I was literally so disgusted by that particular picture that it was difficult to eat!
Problem numero dos: The service… horrible to say the least. I guess because we looked young, our waitress decided that we were much lower priority. We sat for at least 10 minutes before we even got menus! And water! Then it took another 10 to get her to even come over to the table to get our order… then when we were done it seriously took 20 minutes to get the check and pay. Ridiculous was not the word. If they had been busy, I really could have let it slide… but they were in no way shape or form packed. 
Problem numbero three: The food was good. Which might not sound like a problem, but for the prices they charged, the local Italian restaurant over in Boonsboro blew it out of the water. Way over priced!
I am happy that we tried something new, otherwise I could not have been so disgusted by the artwork and the waitress. But we are NOT eating there again! Oh… and the super awesome birthday present… when I got up at 3 AM to go to work, I woke him up with a present. Since we are such an awesome married couple, I just printed wedding pictures. So I got this awesome frame (on sale and with a coupon!) from AC Moore that I could put three wedding pictures. It was for him to take to his office! He’s already gotten lots of compliments on it. His big present was “The King” treatment at a local parlor (the spa for men!)… haircut, shave, facial and and a shoeshine. He was thrilled… so even though the restaurant sucked, we tried something new, and he had an awesome birthday! So the day was good!
 
Wordpress : Tickled Winks

No comments:

Post a Comment