A Short Prayer

It's November. It's a week from Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for. Forrest and I don't really have our own traditions yet, we are still working on that. But I want to start one this year… vocalizing that I am thankful for something.
 
I am thankful for:
  1. My wonderful husband. That boy grates on my last good nerve, annoys the heck out of me, steals all the covers and sleeps like a furnace. But I wouldn't trade our life together for the world.
  2. My sweet puppy. He reminds me to be happy. I love that he always greets me with his tail wagging and that beagle howl. I love that he finally has let his true personality shine through. And I love that he kicks Forrest out of the bed every night.
  3. Our loving families. They might stay on our bad list more than on our good sometimes, but they always support us and have our backs. They would be here if we called them with a problem today.
  4. Rob Bailey… just kidding (I once stood up in front of my entire church at a Thanksgiving service and told them I was thankful for him. I was like 12 and he was one of my very good friends older brothers…)
  5. My body. I know that sounds strange but God blessed me with this body for a reason. And even though it frustrates me sometimes, sometimes I get little glimmers of hope, like today. And if today is just me over-thinking, one day I know God will bless us with two pink lines or a child to call our own.
  6. Our jobs. I love my job and Forrest has a job. It might have taken a while, but yet again, the big man had a plan for us.
  7. The ability to buy things… while that sounds a little shallow, before we both had good jobs, saving money wasn't a choice. Now we can save money and we don't have to worry if we need to eat ramon for the next week and a half in order to pay our bills.
  8. My super awesome friends. Those girls have my back any day of the week. Their friendship and love means more to me than they will ever know.
  9. Our little home. All 840 square feet of it. It's not even ours, but it's our home. And I love it there.
  10. Our lives… I forget to stop and reflect on that a lot. We are healthy and happy and we are able to live the lifestyle we love.
So why a short prayer today? That little glimmer of hope. I think I've been saying a long one all morning. Gonna keep on saying it to! And if this is me over-reacting… which is more than entirely possible, I need to remember to look at the other 9 items on this list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment